Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 6 and Arriving home unexpected.

Hey all.

Week 6 it wasn't a normal week. As most people know I returned home for my brothers wedding this weekend. I was only on duty for one day at the school. This was monday.
On Tuesday I finalised all my packing and caught the train to Copenhagen in the afternoon. The train trip was pretty good. Got to see some different country side that I hadn't seen yet. I will see it a few moe times though. Tuesday night I stayed at a friends place before going to the airport on wednesday.
My flight flew out of Copenhagen at 12:30 so I thought it was like Sydney where the gates open 3 hrs before the flight takes off. I was wrong. The gate opened 2hrs instead. I spent 1hr waiting in the airport. Once the gate opened I booked in and moved onto the customs.When I got to customs I found that I had some washing tokens from the school still in my pockets from tuesday. So now I have them with me and can't do a thing with them.
Once I was on the airport I wandered around through dutyfree but didn't buy anything.
I waited in the dutyfree for about 1 1/2hrs before the flight. The flight bI was about to go on took me to Helsinki. It was 1 1/2hrs long.
Once I got to Helsinki I had to go through Immigration to get outside of the EU. It was very easy and quick. The guy at the counter asked if I had been in Finland for the entire time and I said not Denmark and he said okay and let me through.
I waited in Helsinki for 1hr. Well I was meant too. It ended up being 2hrs. The plane had a fault with the landing gear and then the airport computers malfunctioned and had to be reset so the flight inventory had to be resent through to the plane.
That flight took me from Helsinki to Hongkong. It went for 10 1/2hrs. I got to see a nice sunset and sunrise on this flight. It was awesome seeing the sun rise up over the horizon. I wanted to sleep on this flight but there was no chance at all.
When I arrived in Hongkong it was 8am. I had 45mins to get to the next gate. It wasn't to bad since I knew where I was going. I had enough time to go to the toilet and get myself some food before I had to board the plane again.
On this flight it was with Cathay Pacific. I really enjoy flying with them. They have got individual tv screens so that you can watch what you want. I wanted 4 movies on this flight. Can't remember them though. I think I slept about 1 hour in total on this flight. This fligt took me from Hongkong to Sydney. It was 9hrs i think.
Once I got to Sydney I met up with Leroy's dad to hand over the things that Leroy had given to me to bring back home. Then I caught a train to Central station and went to the Railway Square Hostel where I stayed for the night.
That night I got to bed at 10 or 11pm not quite sure but I ended up waking up at 3am. I tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work. I got up and sat out on lone of the couchs and surfed the net for a little while and talked to some of the students in denmark.
On Friday I caught the early morning train to Canberra and arrived at 11:30. Once I arrived I caught the bus home. It wasn't to bad catching the bus. I finally arrived home at 12:30 to a nice and peaceful home. I got home before any of my family. This was good because none of them knew that I was arriving so early. I ended sleeping from 1pm til 1830. This was when everyone was in the kitchen making food. :P Perfect Timing to get up.
When I walked out of my room I saw dad down stairs walk into the study. I called out his name and he answered "what brad?". I waited until he came out of the study and I said "dodge"(just something I call him). He looks up and says "what are you doing here? Aren't you meant to be arriving next week?". I said yeah thats what I told you. My brother, sister, ans sis inlaw came out of the kitchen. My sis gave a a huge hug.
That night my bro's inlaws came up to help finalise wedding preparation. My bed was all setup for Sharees little bro to sleep in but I got there first. He had to sleep downstairs.
On the weekend I went to both of the SDA churches in Canberra and caught up with my friends and church family. Everyone there was surprised to see me back so early.
On sunday I helped out tidy up the garden that my bro is having the ceremony in. It is quite a nice garden. Not as green as denmark but then again its australia. It never rains it just floods every so often.
Yesterday(monday) I caught up with my old work mates. Payed them a visit at work. It hasn't changed. A few people have moved places, a few more desks are empty but the environment is the same as when I was there nice and relaxed but busy.
Today(tuesday) I woke up very early after being really tired last night and going to bed early. I called up my dad and he told me that my mum was arriving from the USA at 9am instead of 10. So I got up and cleaned up the house so that it was tody for her and she could just sitdown and relax.
When we got to the airport it was 910. We thought that she would already be at the baggage carousel. She wasn't. She was still unboarding the plane. Dad and I had a plan. He stood out in the middle where mum could see him and I walked up behind her. She was really excited. She didn't have a clue that I was going to be there. And i'm glad she didn't. It meant that my plan to surprise her worked. The only thing is that everything that she was going to do for me like clean my room and have it nice and tidy and ready for me didn't work. but I got to do it for her. Well clean the house atleast.
Now for the coming days it is going to be busy. My relatives arrive on friday for my bro's wedding and sharees also arrive on that day. Saturday will be the first time that most of my relatives have met hers. We'll see haow that goes.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this really long blog entry.
Here are some photos for you all of my trip back to aus.











No comments: