Monday, January 14, 2008

Schools Back.

Well it has now been a week and a half since school started. The students arrived back at school on the night of Wednesday 2rd of January. On the first couple of days there was many students. The students in 10 grade had the first two days off for læseferie(study holiday) so they were still at home. And the rest that didn't turn up were having an extra long break. I really enjoyed those days. I was still 'on holidays' but at the school taking time out to talk to the students or just spend time by myself. On the first weekend we had a pool party. All the students enjoyed it. I was going to go to it but I was on such a high on friday night that I crashed and was all depressed and just wanted to be by myself.
On sunday Leo and I went and worked on the horse fence. We have now put the whole fence up. all we need to do is put a gate up and we are finished finally. I really enjoyed that day. Leo and I mucked around a far bit between us. I was good.
Monday was my first day of official duty for the term. It was really good to get to start work again. I was ready to tackle it with everything I had. We had all the students arrive back. It was abit crazy since they all wanted to talk and tell each other what they had done over Christmas holidays. I got really sick of telling each student what I had done over the break. They were more interested in what I did rather than wanting to share what they did.
Tuesday started out all good. I did my normal thing. I started duty at 1430. I had a meeting with the principal at that time so I went there. I had requested more work. I am trying to get more work so I can go on a big trip over summer. My meeting was cut short though. One of the deans came into the principals office to tell him something. We had a student that got really angry and was walking to the nearest town to take a bus home. The dean had offered me to take his car to go get the student but I decided to ride my bike and get him. This way I could talk to him whilst we were walking. When I caught up to him, he was on his phone talking to someone. He didn't want me to be there at all. I walked behind him all the way to the bus stop and waited for him to finish his phone call or for the bus to come, which ever was first. Luckily it was the phone call that finished first. After the phone call he started walking back to the school. This was really good. I didn't have to talk him into it. The person on the phone had done that. On the way back we talked about what happened and tried to find a solution to the problem. He was all calm when we talked.
Wednesday. It was very busy. I had wakeup. After wakeup I had 30mins before I had to go to the pool and help teach swimming. I went to the pool at 830 when I had been told to be there. After waiting there for 25mins the teacher finally came down and told me that the class wasn't on because the student had a major project that they were working on for the whole week and that I'd need to come back at 1030 for another class. I did 5 hrs of extra work on wednesday. I worked for 16½ hrs.
On Thursday I was meant to go and help on of the staff to build a horse fence at his farm. When he came to pick me up, I was still in bed asleep. We didn't end up doing it because the day was miserable and raining. At 2100 I got a call from one of the female deans and was asked to drive one of the students to a city 45mins-1hr away from the school so she could visit her sister in hospital. I'm not sure what happened to the sister and why she was in hospital. We had fun trying to find the hospital though. We ended going everywhere trying to find it. we found after driving around for nearly 1hr looking for it.
Friday I spent time cleaning and doing my washing. After I had finished work I went for a swim. In the evening I did become sick and had a fever. This wasn't good.
Over the weekend I have spent most of my time in my room because of being sick. I am still trying to recover from it. Still got diarrhea. I am hoping I will get over that soon. I am feeling better then I was on Friday though which is good. I just hope I am better soon.

No comments: